Wellness challenge #1- COVID-19
Updated: Mar 23
This first challenge is a game (yes adults can play games). Better yet it’s a drinking game! Unfortunately, not THAT type of drinking game since we are working on building up your immune system not breaking it down further. Most people say they drink adequate water, but when I have them actually track it they fall well below the ounces they need to be reaching. These mini-challenges are geared to help create continual habits that become ingrained for you.
Here are the rules of the game that you will play for the next 5 days. Anytime you hear, read, or say the word “Corona or COVID-19” you need to take a solid gulp or two of water. That’s it! You will soon find out that you probably don’t drink as much water as you thought you did and all that toilet paper you hoarded will come in handy. It goes without saying that this is “extra” hydration, please continue to drink your normal fluid amount in addition to this.
Changes to look for:
· Yep, you will pee a lot more than you usually do. This will slow down as your body adjusts to the new volume of water.
· Your urine should only have a slight tint of yellow unless you just had a multivitamin
· Your appetite may decrease slightly
· When drinking more water consistently over time your complexion will clear up and brighten.
· Your energy throughout the day will be more consistent