This week we are circling back to hydration. This is an easy blueprint to use to get enough water every day. Follow these simple steps and you will be hydrated throughout the day.
· Drink one full glass when you wake up.
· Drink one glass between cups of coffee or tea
· Drink one glass at every meal (yes - have a water glass AND a wine glass at dinner)
· Drink a glass of water with every snack
· To avoid the “wake up pee” at night drink more water earlier in the day and taper off as it gets closer to bed time.
“In general, you should try to drink between half an ounce and an ounce of water for each pound you weigh, every day.” For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, that would be 75 to 150 ounces of water a day. That roughly equals 10 – 20 - 8 oz cups per day. Or ½ gallon - 1 full gallon of water PER DAY!!